Consult Doctors. Free.
Ask a doctor in Singapore. Get answers in 24 hours.
DxD will always be free for the first 1000 members who sign up.
It may be easier if I outline the similarities and differences here for you:
Similarities of MBrace and Invisalign:
- Both are clear aligners that can move teeth
- Both needs to be worn at least 20-22hours a day to achieve a good result
- Both can be removed for brushing teeth and eating
- Dentists who use both systems will need to undergo a course
- Both the general dentist and orthodontist can use both systems
Differences between MBrace and Invisalign:
- Invisalign was founded in 1997 and is based in SanJose, California; MBrace was founded in Singapore in 2014.
- Invisalign has claimed to have produced 4million completed cases; there are no published statistics from MBrace.
- Invisalign has smart track feature, power ridges and attachments to ensure precise tooth movement; MBraces do not have these features.
- Invisalign is constantly innovating its features to improve the results of treatment. A few of its new features are Invisalign G5, Smart Track and Invisalign teen; No published work regarding innovations from MBrace as yet.
I hope this information will be able to let you decide on Invisalign versus MBrace. Good luck!
Thank you for your question.
From my knowledge, mbrace and invisalign are just different brand names for the same product- clear aligners. Clinics may be using different systems, however the general outcome intended by the dentist for the patient is the same. The decision as to which option to use highly depends on the dentist’s experience with the different systems and what they feel work better for the patient.
The prices for mbrace is generally cheaper than that of Invisalign, and it is a Singapore based manufacturer compared to Invisalign which is from the States. However I do not know which clinic in Singapore does them the cheapest, as we have never done a comparison of prices for all the clinics in Singapore before.
I would also try to get connected with other dentists who have had clinical experience with using either mbrace/ invisalign to answer your question better.
Hope this helps!
Hey Leehui, I’m here to add onto the two excellent answers you’ve already received.
The cost of MBrace aligners will differ from clinic to clinic. Some clinics will tailor a cost according to your treatment plan, whereas others will have a package price.
As a rule of thumb, the more complex your case, the more it will cost you in both time and cost.
For a general range, MBrace aligners can cost anything from $3500 – $7000.
Dr Joanne Lam
FDC Dental Clinic