Consult Doctors. Free.
Ask a doctor in Singapore. Get answers in 24 hours.
DxD will always be free for the first 1000 members who sign up.
Hi docs! I’m interested in getting fillers for my dark eye circles and eye bags. Some questions:
- Which is the best filler for both dark eye circles and bags? I’ve seen so many brands stated here http://doctorxdentist.com/ask-dxd/answer/dark-eye-bagseye-circles/ Seems like Teosyal Redensity II is the most recommended one?
- How is the pricing like?
- How long do they last?
- Any side effects?
- Any recommended doctor to recommend?
Thank you for your query.
Dark eye circles form as a result of 3 main reasons, vascular changes, volume loss, and pigments.
- Vacular change– which can be purple, blue, pink depending on the oxygenation in the blood.
- Volume loss – which is a direct result of ageing, where the skin develops fines lines and wrinkles and sags, and you lose volume in the cheeks
- Pigmentation – which is the stimulation of your melanin cells, commonly as a result of sun exposure.
To answer your queries,
1. Unfortunately, there is no one size fits all and every filler has its pros and cons, so its best to discuss with your physician your concerns and expectations.
2. Price range is from $800 to $1200.
3. 6 to 9 months is the typical duration.
4. Side effects include redness, swelling and bruising and this is both patient and injector dependent.
I hope this helps! Have a bold and beautiful week ahead.
Web reference: https://drdanielchang.com/pigments/
Dr Daniel Chang
- Yes, Teosyal RD II is actually the best filler for dark eye circles and “eyebag” (tear trough in medical terms) treatment.
- Pricing ranges from $900 to $1200 per cc.
- They last around 6-9 months.
- Side effects depend on the injector. The usual injection side effects of excessive swelling, excessive bruising, filler bumpiness can occur with inexperienced injectors.
- I perform a lot of tear trough / dark eye circle filler treatments myself, and I would recommend that you go with someone very experienced with the treatment.
Dr Israr Wong
The Knightsbridge Clinic
With regards to your qns:
- There are many good brands of fillers around such as Juvederm, Teosyal etc. Besides the brand (which is secondary in my opinion), what I think is more important is the doctor performing the procedure. Go for a couple of consults if you are still uncertain and make sure you feel comfortable and confident about the doctor performing the procedure before committing.
2. How is the pricing like?
Usually from $800+
3. How long do they last?
Usually up to a year.
4. Any side effects?
Common side effects include some redness/ swelling just at the site of injection and sometimes bruising.
Hope that helps.
All the best!
Dr Ho Rui Ming
Chrysalis Medical Aesthetics
I use juvederm volbella for tear trough which helps to correct eye bags. For dark eye circles, if it is due to facial remodeling and sunken eyes hence causing the dark eye circles, then this tear trough filler will help well.
i use a cannula for tear trough fillers, hence its safer. side effect includes bruising and uneven improvement of eyebags.
Dr Irenaeus Liu Han Ping