Consult Doctors. Free.
Ask a doctor in Singapore. Get answers in 24 hours.
DxD will always be free for the first 1000 members who sign up.
Asking on behalf of my mom – I’ve found a wide range of costs for dental implants in Singapore, from $2200 all the way to $8000!
I understand that the choice of dental implant material and manufacturer makes a difference – Could I please have a list of a few reputable brands and materials, as well as what to look out for? Are Korean brand implants cheaper? If yes, are they reputable?
I’ll try to touch upon the three brands I have had experience with – Osstem, Dentium and Straumann.
There are many factors which are considered when dentists price their implants.
- Brand of implant. Korean branded implants such as Osstem and Dentium are usually cheaper. They were founded in 1995 and 2000 respectively, and both have over 10 years of long term data. Both have Research Institutes with continuous investments and large global networks. Straumann was founded in 1954 in Switzerland. They have more than 35 years of clinical research and over 100 scientific publications. Their implant costs are higher though. Dentists usually joke that Straumann implants are like having a Ferrari, whereas Osstem and Dentium are like having a Toyota. It’s important to remember that both are reputable and functional.
- Material of implant fixture. All three of the mentioned systems use Titanium implant fixtures. The fixture is the screw which acts as the root of the replacement tooth.
- Material of implant crown. The crown is the head of the tooth – this is what is visible and is above the gum margin. The choice of material for the crown will affect the cost of the implant. It’s important to ask your dentist too (those who are offering implants at $2000) if the crown is included.
- Dental surgeon. General dentists can provide implant surgery. Specialist periodontists and specialist oral surgeons can also provide implant surgery. Usually specialists charge more then general dentists.
Some general dentists will charge higher amounts based on their own level of experience, how many courses they have attended to improve their skills, and the choice of implant fixture and crown.
- Private dental industry. In Singapore, prices are not fixed in private dental care. Dentists can effectively charge any amount they deem is fair – based on materials, their level of skill/experience, clinic overheads etc.
- Implant placement complexity. Some implants will require additional steps before or during implant placement. This can include bone grafts or sinus lifts, which again will reflect in the overall cost of the implant.
This list isn’t exhaustive and there are of course many other implant brands available. I hope it has at least given you an idea of why there is such a big price range.