Ask DxD lets you ask any medical or dental questions to an independent team of doctors and specialists based in Singapore.
Each question attracts a number of doctor answers within 24 – 48 hours, so you get a range of opinions from medical professionals.
1. Which doctors do we invite to participate?
DxD relies on word of mouth recommendations from fellow doctors to identify specialists in each field. We then meet with each doctor in person.
Yes, it’s time-consuming, but besides expertise, we think it’s important that the doctor is friendly and enthusiastic about raising the level of healthcare awareness in Singapore.
2. Why did we start a free QnA?
People who don’t know a doctor friend or relative are disadvantaged in utilising healthcare. The QnA allows anyone with a genuine health issue to receive some friendly medical opinions.
The secondary aim of DxD is to curate accurate medical information and opinions from experts (doctors) for the benefit of readers.
Here are some examples of previously answered questions:
- What kind of corrective Lasik should I go for?
- What is the cause and treatment for female hair loss? How much would hair loss treatment in Singapore cost?
- What is the best treatment for pigmentation and depressed acne scars in Singapore? Do topical creams for acne scars work?
3. How does the QnA correct misinformation?
The QnA corrects this by enabling doctors to share expert opinions. Every question is also opened up to a range of doctors and specialities to answer, so you don’t get a “one-sided view”.
Don’t just take our word for it. We strongly encourage you to do your own research, and to read up on other health sites and health forums. It’s important that everyone takes responsibility for their own health.
4. Is the QnA sustainable if it’s free?
Frankly, we don’t know. The platform will always be free, because that’s the reason it was set up – to help people.
Doctors who contribute do so to share their knowledge and experience. They are never paid or reimbursed for their answers. If you’ve benefitted, you can show your thanks by spreading the word to others who may benefit as well.
5. How to use the medical QnA correctly (PLEASE READ!)
To prevent the QnA from being shuttered prematurely, you can help by using it responsibly:
DO NOT take any answers for medical advise.
DO NOT treat it as a doctor consultation – it will never replace a face-to-face doctor consult and examination, for obvious reasons.
DO NOT use it in an urgent medical situation. Go and see your doctor.
To ask a question:
- Register for an account, so that you’ll be notified when a doctor answers.
- Do not include any personal identifiable information in your question – the QnA is publicly visible.
- Doctors will usually reply within 24 – 48 hours. More opinions will continue to be added on, so you can check back later.